HRMPO is offering several opportunities to gather feedback and input that will guide the region’s 2045 long range transportation plan (LRTP), which is now in its second phase of development. The plan will cover all modes of travel, including transit, highways, bicycles, and pedestrians.
The second phase of the process is focused on gathering feedback on a list of proposed transportation projects, known as the draft Universe of Projects. Projects on the list were checked against public input and regional and statewide data sources to determine whether they met defined transportation needs and align with the community’s vision, as identified through the first phase of the LRTP’s development.
Members of the public are invited to share feedback on the draft Universe of Projects through September 16 by:
- Exploring the interactive map and leaving feedback on specific projects via Metroquest
- Participating in a webinar on August 16 at 7 p.m.
- Attending one of HRMPO’s open house community meetings
- August 18 from 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. at Lucy F. Simms Community Center
- August 31 from 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. at Turner Ashby High School
Feedback on the draft Universe of Projects will be used to identify which projects will be included in the final Plan, guiding transportation investments over the next 25 years to support the needs of the region and its future growth.